Honeycomb Hives Cypress Shingle Roofs are available for Standard and Deep Hives and lengths to accommodate Nucs, Hexa-Hives, Flex-Hives, Long-Hives and Fold-Hives.
We refer to these Roofs as Universal as they are also designed to fit Langstroth Hives and other hive types.
All our Roofs incorporate Venturi air circulation which naturally vents away excess warm moist air in summer while keeping winter air constantly circulating for better hive health.
We offer three Roof styles: Write-On Ext Plywood Gabled Roofs, Gabled Cypress Shingle Roofs and Gabled Cypress Cupola Roofs. All are offered in telescope slip-fit or hinged versions. Sturdy cam locks are available separately to secure your hives from wind and pests.
Our Original Gabled Cypress Shingle Roofs are:
Handmade from 7/8" Cypress w/ Tung Oil Finish
Standard - Slip size = 20 1/8" x 14 1/8" x 8" ht
Deep - Slip size = 20 1/8" x 16 3/8" x 9" ht
The primary goal of this design is to produce conditions optimum for sustainable overwintering of honeybee colonies in order to prepare for strong spring growth.
- Constructed of Clear, Kiln-Dried Cypress 7/8" thick with interlocking knuckle joints secured by 1 1/2" stainless steel screws (glue optional).
- Professionally machined wooden ware for easy-to-assemble Honeycomb Hive
- Nuc Box with removable gable-vented Cypress Shingle Roof
- Removable Inner Roofs, 7 Frames & Base.
- Available in two sizes -
- Standard: 13" height x 12" width x 14" depth
- Deep 18" height x 16" width x 14" depth
How It Works?
- Ends, Bottoms, Sides and Tops for (1) HcH Nuc Box
- All parts for 7) Hexagonal Frames for Natural Comb
- Parts and Stainless Hardware for Hexagonal Hive Base
- One Stainless Steel Adjustable Bee Entrance Disk.
- Bees NOT Included
How do these Honeycomb Hives' Nuc Boxes Work?