Honeycomb Hives Universal Hexagonal Smart Frames are the workhorses of Lambrecht's Hive Systems and are used in all his Horizontal Hives and Fold-Hives. Made of clear pine, these frames easily disassemble for quick bench work. There are three parts per frame which go together with half-lap joinery, secured by nylon screws.
The simplicity of these three part frames belies the versatility they actually deliver
A 1/8" x 3/8" deep continuous groove/slot around the inside of the frame accepts either hexagonal shaped (template provided) foundation (plastic or wax), or wooden slips to make foundation-less frames.
These frames come standard with nylon knurled-knob, threaded screws which both secure the frame parts together and also serve as frame spacers within the hives. These spacers are the length of typical recommended frame spacing of 1 3/8" or, by including a 1/8" washer, the width can be expanded to 1 1/2" often used in honey supers.
Honeycomb Hive Universal Hexagonal Smart Frames come in both Standard and Deep sizes. Frame parts are loose packed with necessary screws, Knurled Spacers and six Wooden Slips per frame for foundationless configuration. Foundation not included.
Cases contain parts for x 7 frames, also sold in Master Packs of 4 cases = x 28
- Constructed of Clear, Kiln-Dried Cypress 7/8" thick with interlocking knuckle joints secured by 1 1/2" stainless steel screws (glue optional).
- Professionally machined wooden ware for easy-to-assemble Honeycomb Hive
- Nuc Box with removable gable-vented Cypress Shingle Roof
- Removable Inner Roofs, 7 Frames & Base.
- Available in two sizes -
- Standard: 13" height x 12" width x 14" depth
- Deep 18" height x 16" width x 14" depth
How It Works?
- Ends, Bottoms, Sides and Tops for (1) HcH Nuc Box
- All parts for 7) Hexagonal Frames for Natural Comb
- Parts and Stainless Hardware for Hexagonal Hive Base
- One Stainless Steel Adjustable Bee Entrance Disk.
- Bees NOT Included
How do these Honeycomb Hives' Nuc Boxes Work?