Lamb/Lang Hybrid-Hives combine the strengths of widely-used Langstroth hive equipment, with the innovative Lambrecht Hexagonal system, in pursuit sustainable beekeeping. The focus of this design is on producing conditions optimum overwintering honeybee colonies to prepare them for spring growth.
Hybrid-Hive components are sized to be compatible with 8 frame or 10 frame Langstroth equipment, allowing beekeepers to upgrade but utilize existing gear.
Slightly larger in volume as a Langstroth Deep, the Lamb/Lang Brood box is a key component of the Lamb/Lang Hybrid-Hive series. This right-sized brood chamber with its vertically-oriented, hexagonal-shape is designed to pair with traditional Langstroth hive boxes and their deep, med or shallow frames.
With Hybrid-Hives, we seek to maximize natural, circulatory air movement. When the v-bottom Hybrid-Hives Brood Box is paired with Lang boxes and topped with our ventilated Cypress Shingle Roof, the resulting Hybrid-Hive stack takes full advantage of efficient thermodynamics of the elongated prism-shaped space.
Combined with the bees' heat, creates constant Venturi ventilation to keep your bees warm and dry.
Lamb/Lang Hybrid-Hives allow maximum flexibility so beekeepers can combine Lamb/Lang Brood Boxes with Langstroth boxes and frames and top it off with our Universal, Ventilated Cypress Shingle Roof System, with or without a Cupola.
Ext Size = 20" x 14" x 16" ht
Holds 14 Lambrecht Smart
Universal Hexagon Frames
7/8" Cypress w/ Exterior Oil
Inner + outer cover = 1 1/2"
- Constructed of Clear, Kiln-Dried Cypress 7/8" thick with interlocking knuckle joints secured by 1 1/2" stainless steel screws (glue optional).
- Professionally machined wooden ware for easy-to-assemble Honeycomb Hive
- Nuc Box with removable gable-vented Cypress Shingle Roof
- Removable Inner Roofs, 7 Frames & Base.
- Available in two sizes -
- Standard: 13" height x 12" width x 14" depth
- Deep 18" height x 16" width x 14" depth
How It Works?
- Ends, Bottoms, Sides and Tops for (1) HcH Nuc Box
- All parts for 7) Hexagonal Frames for Natural Comb
- Parts and Stainless Hardware for Hexagonal Hive Base
- One Stainless Steel Adjustable Bee Entrance Disk.
- Bees NOT Included
How do these Honeycomb Hives' Nuc Boxes Work?