These patent pending Hexagonal Comb Honey Cups were invented by Doug Lambrecht as an easier way to harvest pure capped comb honey without the messy, sticky work of hand-cutting and packaging cut comb.
This system delivers honey in its' authentic, honey in the comb form, including all nature's intended beneficial compounds, hermetically sealed by the bees' pure cappings wax, until consumers open it.*
How do these Comb Honey Cups work?
These food-grade PET cups have six sides. Every side has three small tabs or small hole indents. Tabs fit in holes to secure adjacent cups together. This arrangement allows Comb Honey Cups to be attached into patterns to fit in frames configured per beehive type and size.
Once cups are assembled, patterns are enclosed into appropriate frames per hive type. these Cup Frames are intended for install front-to-back such that open cups face bottoms so space for bee movement is correct. (set empty frames into hives so open cups face an end board (w/ bee space only), then the rest front-to-back).
With Comb Honey Cups, bees do most of the work.
1st, your bees prepare the half-comb depth cups with freshly made honeycomb
2nd, they fill the virgin honeycomb cells with freshly gathered varietal nectar.
3rd, they fan to reduce its' moisture content to 18 percent to cure it into honey.
4th, they cap the honey with new wax to hermetically seal it. No drips, No mess.
All that's left for you to do is gather your untouched-by-human-hands filled and capped Comb Honey Cups, put the clear lids on (comes with cups) and wrap a label with your contact info around it and share your premium branded product.
What frames are available for Comb Honey Cups?
In addition to Lambrecht Hives, these cups play nicely with Langstroth Hives (Medium and Deep Frames), Warren Hives (coming soon), Drebbieville Hives (coming soon), and Layens Hives (coming soon). We will also consider Comb Honey Cups frames for other hive types if demand warrants. Inquire here
- Constructed of Clear, Kiln-Dried Cypress 7/8" thick with interlocking knuckle joints secured by 1 1/2" stainless steel screws (glue optional).
- Professionally machined wooden ware for easy-to-assemble Honeycomb Hive
- Nuc Box with removable gable-vented Cypress Shingle Roof
- Removable Inner Roofs, 7 Frames & Base.
- Available in two sizes -
- Standard: 13" height x 12" width x 14" depth
- Deep 18" height x 16" width x 14" depth
How It Works?
- Ends, Bottoms, Sides and Tops for (1) HcH Nuc Box
- All parts for 7) Hexagonal Frames for Natural Comb
- Parts and Stainless Hardware for Hexagonal Hive Base
- One Stainless Steel Adjustable Bee Entrance Disk.
- Bees NOT Included
How do these Honeycomb Hives' Nuc Boxes Work?