Cypress Cupola Feeder Roofs are available for Standard and Deep Hives and in lengths to accommodate our Hexa-Hive, Flex-Hive and Long-Hive sizes.
We refer to these Roofs as Universal as they are also designed to fit Langstroth Hives and other hive types. Our Standard size Roof fits 8 frame Langstroth Hives and our Deep size Roof fits 10 frame Langstroth Hives.
All our Roofs incorporate Venturi air circulation which naturally vents away excess warm moist air in summer while keeping winter air constantly circulating for better hive health.
We offer three exclusive Roof styles: Write-On Ext Plywood Roofs, Gabled Cypress Shingle Roofs and Gabled Cypress Cupola Roofs. All are offered in telescope slip-fit or hinged versions. Sturdy cam locks are available separately to secure your hives from wind and pests.
Our Gabled Cypress Cupola Feeder Roofs are:
Handmade from 7/8" Cypress w/ Tung Oil Finish
Standard - Slip size = 20 1/8" x 14 1/8" x 8" ht
Deep - Slip size = 20 1/8" x 16 3/8" x 9" ht
The primary goal of this design is to produce conditions optimum for sustainable overwintering of honeybee colonies in order to prepare for strong spring growth.
- Constructed of Clear, Kiln-Dried Cypress 7/8" thick with overlapping shingle joints secured by 1 1/2" stainless steel screws (glue optional).
- Professionally machined parts for easy-to-assemble Cupola Feeder
- Separate Slip-Fit Small Cypress Cupola Roof is included
- Stainless Steel Screws included. Stainless Steel Hinge is optional
- Cupola accepts two @ 1 quart mason jars.
- Available in two sizes -
- Standard: 13" height x 12" width x 14" depth
- Deep 18" height x 16" width x 14" depth
- Ends, Bottoms, Sides and Tops for (1) HcH Nuc Box
- All parts for 7) Hexagonal Frames for Natural Comb
- Parts and Stainless Hardware for Hexagonal Hive Base
- One Stainless Steel Adjustable Bee Entrance Disk.
- Bees NOT Included
How do these Honeycomb Hives' Nuc Boxes Work?