These patent pending Hexagonal Comb Honey Cups were invented by Doug Lambrecht as an easier way to harvest pure, capped comb honey without the messy, sticky process of hand-cutting and packaging cut-comb.
This amazing new system delivers honey in its' authentic, original form; honey in-the-comb, including all nature's intended beneficial compounds, hermetically sealed by the bees' pure cappings wax, until consumers open it.*
How do these Comb Honey Cups work?
These food-grade PET cups have six sides. Every side has three small tabs or small hole indents. Tabs fit in holes to secure adjacent cups together. This arrangement allows Comb Honey Cups to be attached into patterns to fit in frames configured per beehive type and size.
Once cups are assembled, patterns are enclosed into appropriate frames per hive type. these Cup Frames are intended for install front-to-back such that open cups face bottoms so space for bee movement is correct. (set empty frames into hives so open cups face an end board (w/ bee space only), then the rest front-to-back).
With Comb Honey Cups, bees do most of the work.
1st, your bees prepare the half-comb depth cups with freshly made honeycomb
2nd, they fill the virgin honeycomb cells with freshly gathered varietal nectar.
3rd, they fan to reduce its' moisture content to 18 percent to cure it into honey.
4th, they cap the honey with new wax to hermetically seal it. No drips, No mess.
All that's left for you to do is gather your untouched-by-human-hands filled and capped Comb Honey Cups, put the clear lids on (comes with cups) and wrap a label with your contact info around it and share your premium branded product.
What frames are available for Comb Honey Cups?
In addition to Lambrecht Hives, these cups play nicely with Langstroth Hives (Medium and Deep Frames), Warren Hives (coming soon), Drebbieville Hives (coming soon), and Layens Hives (coming soon). We will also consider Comb Honey Cups frames for other hive types if demand warrants. Inquire here
- Constructed of Clear, Kiln-Dried Cypress 7/8" thick with overlapping
half-lap joints typically secured by brad nails (glue recommended).
- Professionally machined pine parts for easy-to-assemble frames
- Adjustable nylon threaded screws create precise self-spacing frames
- Available in two sizes -
- Langstroth Medium frames hold 11 Comb Honey Cups each
- Langstroth Deep frames hold 16 Comb Honey Cups each
How It Works?
- Frame parts for 4 @ Langstroth Medium Frames for Cups
- Instruction Booklet with step by step assembly directions
- 44 @ Comb Honey Cups with Lids packed in plastic sleeves
- 8 @ 1 3/8" Threaded Nylon Spacers + 8 @ 7/8" Nylon Screws