Hexagonal Smart Frames are the workhorses of our Honeycomb Hives System and are used in all Hexagonal Horizontal Hives and Fold-Hives.
Made of clear pine, these frames easily disassemble for quick bench work. There are six parts per frame which easily go together with half-lap joinery, secured by nylon screws.
The simplicity of these three part frames belies the versatility they deliver
A 1/8" x 3/8" deep continuous groove/slot around the inside of the frame accepts either hexagonal shaped (template provided) foundation (plastic or wax), or wooden or wax slips (1/8" x 3/4") to make frames ready for natural comb.
These frames come standard with nylon knurled-knob, threaded screws which both secure the frame parts together and also serve as frame spacers in the hives. These screws auto-space frames to typical recommended spacing of 1 3/8" or, by including a 1/8" washer, the width can be expanded to 1 1/2" often used in honey supers.
Honeycomb Hive Universal Hexagonal Smart Frames come in both Standard (Fold-Hive) and Deep (Horizontal) sizes. Frame parts are loose packed with necessary screws, Knurled Knob Screws and Spacers.
Foundation is not included. May be purchased here
Cases contain parts for x 7 frames, also sold in Master Packs of 4 cases = x 28
- Constructed of Clear, Kiln-Dried Cypress 7/8" thick with interlocking knuckle joints secured by 1 1/2" stainless steel screws (glue optional).
- Professionally machined wooden ware for easy-to-assemble Honeycomb Hive
How It Works?
- Ends, Bottoms, Sides and Tops for (1) HcH Nuc Box
- All parts for 7) Hexagonal Frames for Natural Comb
- Parts and Stainless Hardware for Hexagonal Hive Base
- One Stainless Steel Adjustable Bee Entrance Disk.
- Bees NOT Included
How do these Honeycomb Hives' Nuc Boxes Work?